Tutorials/Dock and Arrange
See some separate overview notes about Desktop Customisation.
- [A] Open a large "Live" window, select "Create Desktop". Assign it a Name (e.g. demo_1) and select "Create". This will create a new completely empty Desktop. You will see the normal Desktop Toolbar across the top, the rest of the window will be blank.
- [B] Do single-click on the "Live Searches". This will open a floating empty "Live Search" window.
- [C] Select the "Dock" icon at the top-right of this window. Because this is the first window, the dotted-line box will show that it will occupy the complete desktop. Click anywhere to position and dock this window.
- [D] Repeat step #B to get another floating empty "Live Search" window.
- [E] Select the "Dock" icon at the top-right of this window. This window will go faint and have a red border. The cursor will become a four-way arrow. The dotted-line box will show where this new window will be positioned relative to the existing window. Move the four-way arrow cursor to below the first already-docked window. The dotted-line box will move to indicate this new position. Click to dock it.
- [F] Dock some other windows (e.g. intra-day charts) to the right-side of the existing windows.
- [G] Re-size any window. Point the cursor to the small space between windows. The cursor will change to an arrow to indicate which direction the size will be changed. Click and hold, drag to re-size, release when ready. The adjoining windows will change to accommodate.
- [H] The "Close Desktop" will save this arrangement. Doing Close then Open again, will save your work at key stages during configuration.
None of this information can be used as financial advice.
See Tutorials overview.