Tutorials/Login and Navigate
- [A] After doing "Login" this is your first window, showing the "Account" tab. Use this window for access to various parts of the system.
- [B] Go to the "Live" tab. Select "Power Desktop" link, which will open in a new window. Having this separate, leaves the previous window for access to other facilities. It also means no "Back" button so accidental "back" mouse gestures do not affect it.
- [C] Re-size this window to be larger. Initially its "Live Search" window and "Watchlist" window will be empty.
- [D] The Desktop Toolbar is across the top. Point your cursor to hover over each item, wait a little to see the "tooltip" explanation and any available options.
- [E] The "Live Searches". Any of your old TT Mach1 Profiles will be listed here. Select "Mids", hold and drag, drop it on the "Live Search" window. This window will then present the results of the live search, continuously updating.
- [F] Investigate the other available Toolbar options. For example, single-click on the "Watchlists" eye icon. This will open a floating empty "Live Watchlist" window. Select and drag one of your available watchlists, then drop it on this window.
- [G] Sort the table by Volume. Click on the "Volume" heading. Click again will sort it in the opposite direction. Other columns can be sorted too, e.g. "Indexes" sorted by "%Change".
- [H] Point the cursor to one of the table rows, click and hold. The asset name will display. Still holding, drag the asset onto the "News" window to see any recent announcements. This drag-and-drop feature is central, you will use it a lot for various other windows.
- [I] Open another new window by doing right-click on the "Live" tab, then select the "Classic" tab. These provide separate windows, similar to the old TT Mach1 interface. These can be used instead of the Desktop, or as well as.
- [J] For example, select "Indices". Then select its "Float" button in the top-right to raise this table independent from its window.
- [K] Select the link of an asset Name from any table. This will open in a new floating "Asset Details" window. Double-click its title bar to collapse/expand. To change to another asset, drag a table row and drop on this window, or type its code in and press keyboard Return.
- [L] Change an "Asset Details" window to a "Course-of-Trades" window or "Market Depth" window, by using the configure menu in the top-left corner.
The next tutorial will explain how to create your own Desktop, arranged to suits your specific needs.
None of this information can be used as financial advice.
See Tutorials overview.