Keeping your Account secure
Using common sense is a useful approach to computer security.
- Do not share passwords.
- If using a computer at an Intertet cafe, then do not let it remember your password. Clear the browser's cache when you finish.
- Do not accept email attachments or download files unless absolutely certain about the source.
- Keep your operating system up-to-date.
- Keep your web browser software up-to-date.
- When making payments and login to services, ensure that the browser is using secure transport "https". Each browser has different ways of showing this, basically look for the "lock" icon and ensure that the URL location begins with "https://".
TurboTrader and Security
TurboTrader utilises HTTPS encryption for logins, and when performing payments, ensuring your details are safe from interception by a third-party. This does not mean software running on your computer cannot steal this data, however, so you must still follow the above recommendations.
We do not store any credit-card details on our systems.